National Designated Authority (NDA)
The National Treasury being the lead institution on matters related to climate finance was accredited by the GCF Board as a National Designated Authority (NDA) for the Republic of Kenya in 2014.
The role of the National Treasury as the NDA is to:
- Provide broad strategic oversight of the Funds activities in Kenya,
- Convene relevant public, private and civil society stakeholder to identify priority sectors to be financed by the Fund,
- Communicate nomination of entities seeking accreditation to the Fund,
- Implement a no-objection procedure by issuing ‘Letters of No Objection’ on funding proposals submitted to the Fund,
- Provide leadership the deployment of readiness and preparatory support funding in Kenya, and
- Communicate the Kenya’s strategic priorities for financing low-emission and climate-resilient development across the economy.